anti-Aflatoxin B1 and B2 mouse monoclonal, AFT14 (CBL03), purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA and WB
- Reacts with Aspergillus
- Isotype: IgG2a kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Aflatoxin obtained from Aspergillus|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:1-1:2 (50-100 µg/ml)|
AFT14 reacts with aflatoxin B1 and B2, a 55 kDa protein secreted by Aspergillus. The aflatoxins are a group of closely related mycotoxins that are widely distributed in nature. The most important of the group is aflatoxin B1 (AFB1), which has a range of biological activities, including acute toxicity, teratogenicity, mutagenicity and carcinogenicity. In order for AFB1 to exert its effects, it must be converted to its reactive epoxide by the action of the mixed function mono-oxygenase enzyme systems (cytochrome P450-dependent) in the tissues (in particular the liver) of the affected animal. This epoxide is highly reactive and can form derivatives with several cellular macromolecules, including DNA, RNA, and protein. Cytochrome p450 enzymes may additionally catalyse the hydroxylation (to AFQ1 and AFM1) and demethylation (to AFP1) of the parent AFB1 molecule, resulting in products less toxic than AFB1. Conjugation of AFB1 to glutathione (mediated by glutathione S-transferase) and its subsequent excretion is regarded as an important detoxification pathway in animals. Aflatoxins are well recognized as a cause of liver cancer, but they have additional important toxic effects. Aflatoxin B1 is a potent hepatocarcinogenic and mutagenic mycotoxin of Aspergillus flavus.
Positive control: aflatoxin B1 and B2 of Aspergillus flavus.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- HRP conjugate
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA and phage display
- Reacts with filamentous phages F1, filamentous phages fd and filamentous phages M13
- Isotype: IgG2b