anti-Alpha fetoprotein (AFP) mouse monoclonal, C3, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, FACS, ICC/IF and IHC
- Reacts with dog, human, monkey and pig
- Isotype: IgG2a kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, FACS, ICC/IF, IHC|
|Reactivity||Dog, Human, Monkey, Pig|
|No reactivity||Bovine, Mouse, Rat|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Alpha fetoprotein isolated from serum of hepatoma patients|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||Q8MJU5 (Dog, Canis familiaris), P02771 (Human), Q8MJ76 (Pig)|
|Synonym||Alpha-fetoprotein, Alpha-1-fetoprotein, Alpha-fetoglobulin, AFP, HPAFP|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:100-1:200 (0.5-1.0 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
C3 has been characterized in the ISOBM TD-2 workshop and assigned by K. Nunstad to a group of antibodies with low affinity to human alpha fetoprotein. Human alpha fetoprotein is an oncofetal protein of 70 kDa and expressed in fetal liver, but normally absent in healthy adult tissues. It is expressed in all yolk sac tumors, in some other germ cell tumors and in hepatocellular carcinomas.
Positive control: Hep-G2 cells, fetal liver or hepatocellular carcinoma.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.