anti-CD98 mouse monoclonal, IPO-T10, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for FACS and IHC
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgM kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Stimulated human PBL|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||4F2 cell-surface antigen heavy chain, 4F2hc, 4F2 heavy chain antigen, Lymphocyte activation antigen 4F2 large subunit, Solute carrier family 3 member 2, CD antigen CD98, SLC3A2, MDU1
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
CD98 exists as a heterodimer containing a disulphide-linked glycosylated heavy chain and a non-glycosylated light chain. It is a member of the solute carrier family and encodes a cell surface, transmembrane protein. The protein exists as the heavy chain of a heterodimer, covalently bound through disulphide bonds to one of several possible light chains. The encoded transporter plays a role in regulation of intercellular calcium levels and transport L-type amino acids. Alternatively spliced transcript variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized. Monocytes express high levels of CD98 antigen. Peripheral blood T- and B-cells, as well as NK-cells and granulocytes express low levels of CD98. Activation of T-cells and NK-cells leads to upregulation of CD98. RBCs are negative. IPO-T10 was typed at the VIth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leukocyte Differentiation Antigens.
Positive control: Jurkat, MG63, HUT-78, K562, YT, U937 and human lymphocytes or tonsils.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.