anti-Cardiac Actin mouse monoclonal, AC1-20.4.2, liquid, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for IHC and WB
- Reacts with bovine, chicken, human, mouse and rabbit
- Isotype: IgG1
|Reactivity||Bovine, Chicken, Human, Mouse, Rabbit|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic NH2 terminus decapeptide of cardiac isoform of actin|
|Concentration||50 µg/ml (50 µg)
|Formulation||PBS pH 7.4 with 0.09% sodium azide and 0.5% BSA|
|UniprotID||P68034 (Chicken), P68032 (Human), G1STB6 (Rabbit)|
|Synonym||Actin, alpha cardiac muscle 1, Alpha-cardiac actin [Cleaved into: Actin, alpha cardiac muscle 1, intermediate form], ACTC1, ACTC|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:10 (5 µg/ml; include 0.5 M NaCl in all washing buffers to enhance specificity)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:10 (5 µg/ml; microwave treatment recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:1,000 (50 ng/ml; include 1 M NaCl in all washing buffers to enhance specificity)|
Ac1 represents an excellent marker for cardiac tissue; it discriminates fetal (cardiac) a-actin from all other actin isoforms. Fetal actin can be localized in regenerating skeletal muscle after injury (in satellite cells) and in veins of the umbelical cord. Mab Ac1-20.4.2 shows no cross reaction with other actin isoforms present in skeletal and smooth muscle, provided that stringent experimental conditions have been applied.
Polypeptide reacting: Specific for fetal (cardiac) isoform of actin.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- The addition of 1 M NaCl during the first antibody incubation step and the subsequent washing steps in order to eliminate binding to sarcomeric actin is recommended. The epitope of antibody Ac1-20.4.2 on cardiac actin (located at the very end of the N-terminus) differs only by 1 amino acid from the sarcomeric actin.
- To increase stringency further washing steps could be added.
- It is recommended to omit Tween during the antibody incubation step. In our routine protocols we use PBS, supplemented with 1 M NaCl for primary antibody incubation (1 hour) and 3 washing steps (5 min) with PBS/ 1M NaCl.