anti-MFG-E8/ Lactadherin/p47 mouse monoclonal, MFG-06, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for FACS, ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with human and rat
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||FACS, ICC/IF, IHC, WB|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Milk fat globule membrane preparation derived from human breast cancer cell line PMC42|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||Q08431 (Human), P70490 (Rat)|
|Synonym||Lactadherin, Breast epithelial antigen BA46, HMFG, MFGM, Milk fat globule-EGF factor 8, MFG-E8, SED1 [Cleaved into: Lactadherin short form; Medin], MFGE8
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||1:100-1:200 (0.5-1.0 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
MFG-06 reacts with a glycoprotein of 40-45 kDa, known as Milk fat globule-EGF factor 8 protein (MFG-E8), lactadherin, p47 or milk fat globule 1 antigen. It is present on normal epithelial cells in various organs and considered a differentiation marker in carcinomas. It contains one EGF-like domain and 2 F5/8 type C domains. Functioning as a specific ligand for Integrin beta 5 and Integrin beta 3, MFG-E8 is thought to be involved in gamete interactions and cell attachment, possibly playing a role in fertilization and apoptosis. Additionally, MFG-E8 binds to rotavirus and inhibits its replication, thereby protecting the cell from viral infection. Overexpression of MFG-E8 is associated with breast cancer, suggesting that MFG-E8 may be related to tumorigenesis or progression. Among testicular carcinomas, seminomas are negative.
Positive control: normal breast or breast carcinoma.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.