anti-MUC5AC/M1 mouse monoclonal, 58M1, purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, IHC and WB
- Reacts with cat, human, monkey and mouse
- Isotype: IgG1 kappa
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, IHC, WB|
|Reactivity||Cat, Human, Monkey, Mouse|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Mucin isolated from an ovarian cyst fluid (pure endocervical type according to the Fenoglio's classification) from an ALeb patient.|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||P98088 (Human), E9PWB6 (Mouse)|
|Synonym||Mucin-5AC, MUC-5AC, Gastric mucin, Major airway glycoprotein, Mucin-5 subtype AC, Tracheobronchial, Tracheobronchial mucin, TBM, MUC5AC, MUC5|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
58M1 recognizes the peptide core of gastric mucin M1 (now: MUC5AC), and more specifically with the 'e' epitope amongst the a, b, c, d, e, f, g and h protein core epitopes defined by Bara for M1. MUC5AC is present in primary ovarian mucinous cancer and gastric cancer, but usually absent in colorectal adenocarcinoma, thus showing an expression pattern opposite to MUC2. Anti-MUC5AC may be useful for differential identification of primary mucinous ovarian tumors from colon adenocarcinoma metastatic to the ovary. MUC5AC antibodies may also be useful for identification pancreatic carcinoma and pre-cancerous changes vs. normal pancreas.
Positive control: stomach, gastric cancer.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.