anti-Organic Anion Transporter OATP2 + P8 mouse monoclonal, mMDQ, supernatant
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF, IHC, IP and WB
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1
|Application||ICC/IF, IHC, IP, WB|
|Purification||Hybridoma cell culture supernatant|
|Storage||Short term at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synthetic N-terminus (24 aa) of human organic anion transporter OATP2|
|Formulation||Contains 0.09% sodium azide|
|UniprotID||Q9Y6L6 (Human), Q9NPD5 (Human)|
|Synonym||Solute carrier organic anion transporter family member 1B1, Liver-specific organic anion transporter 1, LST-1, OATP-C, Sodium-independent organic anion-transporting polypeptide 2, OATP-2, Solute carrier family 21 member 6, SLCO1B1, LST1, OATP1B1, OATP2, OATPC, SLC21A6,Solute carrier organic anion transporter family member 1B3, Liver-specific organic anion transporter 2, LST-2, Organic anion transporter 8, Organic anion-transporting polypeptide 8, OATP-8, Solute carrier family 21 member 8,SLCO1B3, LST2, OATP1B3, OATP8, SLC21A8|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||Ready-to-use|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||Ready-to-use (microwave treatment recommended)|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||Assay dependent|
|Western Blot (WB)||Assay dependent (for optimal detection of the glycosylated antigen sample boiling before SDS-PAGE is not recommended; alternatively, samples can be kept at 37°C for 30 min)|
In Western blot analyses of basolateral membrane fractions of human liver the monoclonal antibody mMDQ reacts with 90 kDa and 120 kDa proteins (after SDS-PAGE) representing OATP2 (also described as OATP-C) and OATP8, respectively. According to a recent new nomenclature these hepatocyte-specific proteins are identical to OATP1B1 and OATP1B3, respectively (Hagenbuch et al., 2003). Using immunofluorescence microscopy mMDQ stains the sinusoidal (basolateral) membranes in frozen sections of human liver, hepatocellular carcinoma (Cui et al., 2003).
Tested reactivities on cultured cell lines: transfected HEK293 cells; negative with HepG2 and PLC.
Polypeptide reacting: OATP2 and OATP8, human organic anion transporters (90 kDa, 120 kDa, after SDS-PAGE).
Hagenbuch, B. & Meier, P. J. The superfamily of organic anion transporting polypeptides. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1609, 1-18 (2003).
Cui, Y. et al. Detection of the human organic anion transporters SLC21A6 (OATP2) and SLC21A8 (OATP8) in liver and hepatocellular carcinoma. Lab. Invest. 83, 527–38 (2003).
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.
- Heat the sample in SDS-buffer for 30 min at 37°C, do not boil.
- The use of fresh (undegraded) membrane preparations is recommended.
- PVDF membrane is superior for membrane proteins.
- Use 10% milk in TBS with 0.05% Tween 20 for blocking and antibody dilution.
- Use ECL with high sensitivity.