anti-PLAP (Placental alkaline phosphatase) mouse monoclonal, F5C2 (C2), purified
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ELISA, FACS, IHC, IP and WB
- Reacts with human
- Isotype: IgG1
|Quantity||1 ml (100 µg/ml)|
|Application||ELISA, FACS, IHC, IP, WB|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||PLAP, purified from FS phenotype human placenta|
|Formulation||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide|
|Synonym||Alkaline phosphatase, placental type, EC 126.96.36.199, Alkaline phosphatase Regan isozyme, Placental alkaline phosphatase 1, PLAP-1, ALPP, PLAP
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||1:25-1:50 (2-4 µg/ml; microwave treatment in 10 mM citrate buffer pH 6.0 recommended)|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||0.5-1.0 µg/million cells in 0.1 ml|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||Assay dependent|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:50-1:100 (1-2 µg/ml)|
PLAP is a tissue specific, throphoblast-derived, 58 kDa, glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored, dimeric, Zn2+ metallated glycoprotein, only found in humans, orangutans and chimpanzees, that catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphomonoesters into an inorganic phosphate and an alcohol. It is present in the placenta and serum of pregnant women and in high frequency in gynecological and testicular cancers and in lower frequency in other tumors. The three tissue-specific APs in humans, PLAP, germ cell AP (GCAP) and intestinal AP, are 90-98% homologous. Non tissue specific AP is found in kidney, liver and bone. F5C2 binds equally well to all common allelic variants (S,F, FS and I) of PLAP and to some variants of AP from normal human testis, while antibody H7E8 reacts with all variants of AP in normal human testis.
Positive control: Human placenta.
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at email@example.com.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.