anti-Synaptophysin mouse monoclonal, SY38, lyophilized, purified
- Purified, lyophilized
- Mouse monoclonal
- Suitable for ICC/IF, IHC and WB
- Reacts with bovine, human, mouse and rat
- Isotype: IgG1
|Application||ICC/IF, IHC, WB|
|Reactivity||Bovine, Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Storage before reconstitution||2-8°C until indicated expiry date|
|Storage after reconstitution||Up to 3 months at 2-8°C; long term storage in aliquots at -20°C; avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|Intended use||Research use only|
|Immunogen||Synaptophysin from presynaptic vesicles, prepared from bovine brain|
|Concentration||50 µg/ml after reconstitution with 1 ml dist. water
|Formulation||Lyophilized; reconstitute in 1 ml dist. water (final solution contains 0.09% sodium azide, 0.5% BSA in PBS buffer, pH 7.4)|
|UniprotID||P20488 (Bovine), P08247 (Human), Q62277 (Mouse), P07825 (Rat)|
|Synonym||Synaptophysin, Major synaptic vesicle protein p38, SYP|
|Tested applications||Tested dilutions|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)/ Immunofluorescence (IF)||Assay dependent|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - frozen||At least 1:50 with PBS, pH 7.4 (no protease treatment)|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC) - paraffin||At least 1:50 with PBS, pH 7.4 (microwave treatment recommended, no protease treatment)|
|Western Blot (WB)||1:500-1:1,000 (0.05-0.1 µg/ml)|
SY38 represents an excellent marker for several neuroendocrine, neuronal and adrenal tumors. Neuronal and adrenal tumors such as pheochromocytomas, paragangliomas, neuroblastomas, ganglioneuroblastomas. Neuroendocrine tumors of epithelial origin: Pancreatic islet cell carcinoma, bronchial and gastrointestinal carcinoids, medullary carcinoma of thyroid. Polypeptide reacting: 38 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein of presynaptic vesicles.
SY38 binds to a cytoplasmatic domain of synaptophysin. The epitope was located to a flexible segment in the center of the repeat structure (Knaus and Betz, 1990).
Tested cultured cell lines: rat PC-12 cell line.
Knaus, P. & Betz, H. Mapping of a dominant immunogenic region of synaptophysin, a major membrane protein of synaptic vesicles. FEBS Lett. 261, 358–360 (1990).
Q & A's
0 of 0 reviews
The concentration of purified antibodies is mentioned on the datasheet.
For prediluted antibodies the concentration may vary from lot to lot. The concentration of these antibodies is not mentioned on the datasheet and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supernatant format contains FCS proteins from cell culture medium supplemented with FCS.
The serum antibodies contain other proteins present in serum.
- Supernatant and supernatant concentrate: This format contains hybridoma cell culture supernatant. The antibody is not purified and the antibody concentration is not determined. The antibody concentration may vary from lot to lot. Therefore we recommend to titrate the optimal concentration for the application used for each new lot.
- Lyophilized, purified: This format contains purified antibody in lyophilized form. The reconstitution of this antibody is described in the datasheet. The buffer composition after reconstitution is also mentioned on the datasheet.
- Liquid, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. The concentration is mentioned on the datasheet.
- Prediluted, purified: This format contains purified antibody in liquid format. Most antibodies in this format are diluted to be ready-to-use for IHC with standard tissue. But some antibodies of this format need further dilution for IHC. This is mentioned on the datasheet.
Most of our liquid antibodies and reconstituted lyophilized antibodies may be stored for short term storage (up to 3 month) at 2-8°C. For long term storage we recommend to store the antibody at -20°C in aliquots. Please avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
Most of our conjugated antibodies should be stored at 2-8°C.
The individual storage conditions are mentioned on the datasheet.